This is a simple summer snack/side dish of Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- (I peel mine because our kids like them better that way)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Garlic & herb salt blend & freshly ground black pepper.
- Option (use your favorite cheeses and spices)
- Place oven rack in center position of oven. Preheat to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with fine mist of oil on the foil.
- Wash and dry zucchini, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange zucchini rounds on prepared pan, with little to no space between. Season to taste. Spread a thin layer of Parmesan/Asiago cheese on each slice of zucchini. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese turns a light golden brown.For best taste, serve immediately.
(I had a couple yellow squash on hand so I also made a batch using the squash with lemon pepper seasonings in place of the zucchini and garlic and herb seasonings.)
Post a Comment